How to Make 10k in a Week Fast
Wondering how to make 10k in a week? And whether it’s even possible?
Maybe you need money fast to pay for a large expense. Your HVAC conked out and it’s going to take $10k to get it working again.
Or maybe you just want to grow your income so you can shoot for early retirement. And $10,000 a week is your magic number.
Is it easy to learn how to make 10k in a week?
But is it possible to make $10000 a week?
It just takes the right money-making idea. So to help you out, I’ve rounded up 10 of the best ideas for how to make 10k in a week.
Relate post: How to Save $10,000 in a Year
Fast Ways to Make 10k in a Week
Do you need to make 10000 in a week and time is of the essence?
Here are four ideas on how to make 10k in a week legally when you need cash fast!
1. Sell your car
Selling your car could be a quick way to make $10000 when you need money fast if:
- You can afford to part with your car
- It’s worth at least $10,000
- You can find a willing buyer
First, ask yourself whether you can do without a vehicle.
If you have public transportation you can use to get around or you work from home, then you might not need a car as much. But if you rely on your car to get to work, doctor’s appointments or school then a car may be a necessity.
You can use a resource like Kelley Blue Book to get an idea of what your car is worth.
If it’s worth $10k (or more) then the next step is finding a buyer.
Here are some of the ways you can advertise your car for sale:
- Auto Trader magazine
- Facebook Marketplace
- Local Facebook bargain groups
- Local car dealerships
- Word of mouth (i.e. friends and family)
You can also list your car for sale on eBay Motors and sites like Carvana or CarMax.
Where you decide to list your car for sale can depend on how fast you need the money. You may have more luck with local ads (i.e. Craigslist or Facebook) versus a car-buying website.
How to make 10k in a week selling your car:
- Clean it up. A clean, detailed car is likely to sell for $10000 a lot faster than one that’s dirty inside and out. So take time to get your car cleaned up and buyer-ready before listing it.
- Take good pictures. If you’re posting ads online to list your car, make sure your pictures are up to snuff. Take quality photos
- Have your documents ready. You’ll need your car title and a bill of sale to hand your car over to a buyer. Also, check your state’s laws on whether you have to remove the license plates and return them to the DMV when the sale is final.
2. Sell everything else
Selling things you don’t need is another quick way to make 10k in a week.
Some of the things you could sell for cash include:
- Gaming systems
- DVDs and CDs
- Power tools and hand tools
- Household appliances
- Home decor
- Kids toys
- Recreational vehicles and ATVs
- Pool pumps and equipment
I belong to a local bargains group on Facebook and trust me, it’s possible to sell almost anything to make money (legally).
If your house or garage is cluttered with stuff, it’s possible to make $10000 in a week selling things you don’t need.
Where to sell your stuff to make 10k in a week:
- Mobile apps. The Decluttr app is great for selling electronics, video games and cellphones. And you can use an app like SecondSale to unload books you no longer read.
- Facebook. Facebook Marketplace can be a gold mine for selling big-ticket items like antiques, furniture, ATVs and jewelry. And if you have local bargain groups on Facebook, joining a few of them could be an easy way to find buyers for the stuff you want to sell.
- Craigslist. Craigslist is a great way to sell locally. You can list cars, ATVs, jewelry and other items online to find buyers.
- Consignment shops. You can also check with local consignment shops that buy antiques, collectibles, furniture or clothes if you have any of those items to sell.
- Pawnshops. Pawn Shops can offer short-term loans for your valuables, which could be a quick way to get $10,000 in a week. Just keep in mind that if you don’t pay the loan back the pawnshop gets to keep your items as collateral.
Related post: 40+ Things You Can Sell Now to Make Money Fast
3. Flip other people’s stuff
Don’t have anything you can sell to make $10000 quickly?
You could still make 10k in a week selling other people’s stuff. So how does that work?
Easy. You find items online for cheap (or free), then resell them for a profit.
It’s called flea market flipping and it’s a low-stress way to make money on the side. I have a friend who used to make a few hundred dollars a week flipping things she and her husband found on Craigslist.
How to make 10k in a week flipping items:
- Do your research. The first secret to making money as a flea market flipper is knowing which items tend to sell well and generate a decent profit. For example, appliances and vehicles could be bigger money-makers than books or home decor.
- Look for freebies. The best way to turn a profit by flipping items is to find things for free. So keep an eye out for curb alerts on Facebook bargain groups or Craigslist advertising items you can pick up for free.
- Price items to sell. If you need to make $10000 in a week fast then any items you flip need to be priced to sell. So target a price that’s fair but designed to attract buyers.
Want to learn more about how to become a flipping expert?
4. Trade stocks
Investing can be a long game if you’re trying to build wealth for the future. But you could also turn a quick profit day trading stocks.
If you missed out on the Gamestop millionaire boat, it’s not too late to invest.
You can try a platform like M1 Finance, where you can start building a portfolio with as little as $100.
M1 Finance offers stocks, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and other securities. And compared to other online investment platforms, they charge fewer fees.
How to make 10k in a week investing:
- Know the risks. Investing is risky and that’s something you should understand before diving in. While you could make 10000 in a week investing, you could also lose 10k too. So consider how much risk you’re comfortable with.
- Research investments. It’s important to research stocks, ETFs and other securities before you start investing so you understand how they work. And keep in mind that how well a stock has done in the past isn’t a guarantee of how well it might do in the future.
- Set your goals. Having financial goals can help when it comes to deciding where to invest. So think about what you want to do with your investments, beyond just trying to make 10k in a week.
Other Ideas for How to Make 10000 in a Week
If you don’t need to make $10000 right away, these ideas can help you start making 10k in a week consistently.
And best of all, they’re all ways to make 10000 in a week from home!
5. Start a blog
Blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme. But it can be a legitimate idea for how to make 10k in a week without leaving home.
So how do you make money blogging? And better yet, how can you make $10000 a week blogging?
There are several ways to make money blogging and the more income streams you have, the more money you can make.
The most popular ways to make money with a blog include:
- Running ads through an ad network (like Mediavine)
- Selling ad space privately
- Affiliate marketing (where you recommend products or services and get paid a commission if someone makes a purchase)
- Writing sponsored posts (i.e. you write a post for a company, post it on your blog and they pay you for it)
- Offering a service (like freelance writing or virtual assistant services)
- Selling a product (i.e printables, a course, digital planners, etc.)
Making money blogging is not that hard once you figure out how it works. But making a lot of money blogging is a bit more challenging.
You’ll need to invest time in learning how to blog and growing your audience. But if you can master those two things you could be on your way to $10k weeks.
How to start a blog and make $10,000 a week:
- Choose the right host and platform. Your blog host and blogging platform are the foundation you need before you do anything else. If you’re looking for hosting and platform recommendations, I suggest Siteground and WordPress.
- Pick a profitable niche. A blogging niche is what your blog is about and who you’re writing for. So this blog is in the personal finance niche and I write for moms who want to make and save money. Think about what you’re interested in writing about, who you want to write for and what topics can make money to find your blogging niche.
- Learn SEO. SEO is short for search engine optimization and it’s worth learning it from day one. SEO is what helps people to find your blog on Google and without it, you’ll just be writing into the void.
- Write, write, write. You’ll need some content on your blog if you want to make SEO work for you. And even if you’re just sticking with Pinterest or social media to promote your blog in the beginning, you still need more than a handful of posts. So get into a writing routine so you can crank out quality posts and start driving traffic!
That’s an at a glance guide to how to make money blogging.
For a more in-depth look, check out this ultimate guide to starting a blog for beginners.
6. Publish ebooks
While plenty of people still read paper books (myself included), more people are turning to ebooks to get their reading in.
And it makes sense.
Scrolling through a 1,000 page novel on your Kindle is much easier than lugging a 1,000 page novel around.
If you’ve dreamed of being a writer, then writing ebooks could be a way to achieve your how to make 10k in a week goals.
Selling ebooks is a great option if you’re looking for passive income ideas. You can write the book once, post it online for sale and make money as people buy it.
Some of the best places to sell ebooks to make $10k in a week include:
Some of these platforms charge monthly fees, others don’t. So just keep that in mind when choosing where to sell your ebook.
How to make 10k in a week selling ebooks:
- Choose the right topic. Some ebooks sell better than others and it’s not necessarily because they’re better written. It’s because they focus on a topic people want to read about. So do some research on ebook bestsellers to get a feel for what people are interested in and how that lines up with what you want to write about.
- Proofread your work. Once you’ve written your ebook, proofread it thoroughly to make sure it’s free of typos or other errors. You can use a free tool like Grammarly to review it for any misspelled words or grammar mistakes you might have missed.
- Format your ebook to sell. Part of writing an ebook that sells is making it attractive to the eye. So that’s where a good design comes in. But don’t worry if you’re not a design expert. You can use a tool like Canva to create an eye-catching ebook design even if you have no clue what you’re doing.
- Price it to sell. Once you choose a platform to sell your ebook, make sure you pick a good price point. Price it too high and no one will buy it; go too low and you’re cutting into your profits. Comparing similar ebooks from other authors can help you find the right price point.
Finally, be sure to promote your ebook so people know it exists.
You can do that on social media, via word of mouth with friends and family or through your blog if you’ve started one.
7. Sell online courses
Selling online courses is another way to create passive income and potentially make 10000 in a week (or more).
You can create the course through an online course platform. People take the course and you make money.
Of course, there’s more that goes into it than that.
You have to choose the right topic. And then you have to do the work of creating the course. Then you have to find a place to sell it.
For example, you might offer your course through:
And you’ll have to market it the same way you would an ebook or a blog. But if you can come up with the right course idea, it’s possible to make $10000 a week this way.
How to make $10,000 a week selling online courses:
- Check out the competition. There are lots of people selling online courses these days and it’s important to find a selling point for yours that makes it stand out. So if you have an idea for a course in mind, take a look at how it compares to what’s already out there to find a unique angle.
- Choose the right format. Before you start working on your course, think about what you want it to include. For example, how will you organize your information? Will you need to create a printable workbook to go with it? Do you want to record videos? Thinking ahead can help you avoid leaving anything out.
- Pick the right platform. Teachable is a popular platform for selling courses online but you might prefer Skillshare or Thinkific. So get to know what each platform offers (and what they charge) when deciding where to sell your newly completed course.
8. Offer freelance services
Freelancing is one of the best ways to make 10k in a week in my opinion.
Because you can make money using the skills you already have. It’s flexible, which is great if you’re a stay-at-home mom or single mom.
And you can make a ton of money freelancing if you have a valuable skill to sell.
So what are the best ways to make $10000 a week as a freelancer?
- Freelancing writing
- Translation and editing
- Transcription services
- Video editing
- Blog management
- Social media management
Those are just some of the ways freelancers make money. You can check out 20+ lucrative freelance services you can offer from home for more ideas.
How to make 10k in a week with freelance services:
- Pick the right service to offer. The secret to making $10000 a week or $10k a month as a freelancer is knowing which service to offer. The best service to offer is the one that you’re good at and is in high demand. So think about what skills you have and how you can use them to make money.
- Market your services. If you’re ready to strike out on your own as a freelancer, there are lots of ways to market yourself and start attracting clients. LinkedIn is a great place to start but you can also set up a website or blog and get active on social media. You can also use a platform like Fiverr to advertise your freelance services.
- Don’t lowball yourself. One of the biggest mistakes freelancers make is setting their rates too low. If you want to make 10k a week freelancing then you have to be confident that your services are worth that much. So keep that in mind when negotiating how much you want to get paid with clients.
9. Become a virtual assistant
Virtual assistants help business owners run their businesses.
So the kind of things you might get paid to do as a VA include:
- Answering emails
- Managing social media
- Copywriting or copyediting
- Blog management
- Pinterest management
Virtual assistants certainly have the potential to make 10k in a week. According to ZipRecruiter, the average VA salary is $120,000 a year at the high end.
The great thing about becoming a virtual assistant is that you don’t need to invest a lot of money to get started.
Though if you’re interested in learning more about how being a VA works, I recommend taking an intro course like Jumpstart Your VA Biz. It’s offered by Gina Horkey, who is an expert at making money with virtual assistant services.
How to make 10k in a week as a virtual assistant:
- Choose the services you want to offer. There are a number of services you can offer to make $10000 a week as a virtual assistant. You can figure out which services to offer by listing what you’re good at, knowledgeable about and willing to learn.
- Establish your brand. You’ll need to make yourself visible to start connecting with VA clients. You can do that by optimizing your LinkedIn and social media profiles and/or setting up a VA website. Having a website is a great way to build your brand reputation and sell your services as a virtual assistant.
- Get it in writing. When working with VA clients (or freelance clients) it’s important to have a written contract that details what you’ll be doing, what you’ll be paid and when. Using an independent contractor template can help you keep your money-making efforts legal and ensure that your clients aren’t able to skip out on payment.
Not sure which VA services to offer? Try this list of 50+ profitable virtual assistant services to make money.
10. Get paid to proofread
Proofreading is a highly valued skill that you can turn into a 10k in a week business.
Proofreaders get paid to read written documents and correct them for errors.
If you want to make money proofreading you’ll need a good grasp of language, spelling and grammar. It doesn’t hurt to have some understanding of the basics of what proofreading involves.
There’s a free webinar you can sign up for to learn them. It’s offered by Caitlin Pyle of Proofread Anywhere.
She’s an expert on making money proofreading, so it’s worth checking out if you’re not sure where to start.
How to make 10k in a week proofreading online:
- Get the right equipment. If you want to become an online proofreader, you’ll need some basic equipment. That includes a reliable laptop and a proofreading or grammar tool (again, Grammarly is free.) You’ll also need a PayPal account to get paid and a template for creating client contracts.
- Choose the type of proofreading you want to do. General proofreaders work with a variety of different clients. For example, you might proofread for a personal finance blogger, an auto parts business and a real estate company in the same week. Legal proofreaders focus on proofreading legal documents only. So consider what type of proofreading you want to do.
- Look for proofreading jobs online. To make money as a proofreader you’ll need to land your first client. But you can easily search for proofreading jobs online, then narrow down the list of which ones you want to apply for.
Dive into this step-by-step guide to becoming an online proofreader to learn more about how to make 10k in a week proofreading.
How to Make 10k in a Week FAQs
Still have questions about how to make 10000 in a week?
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about how to make $10000 weekly, monthly or even daily.
How to make 10k in a day?
If you want to know how to make 10k fast in a day then selling something is probably your best bet.
The best time to try and make $10000 in a day is when people have extra money or they want to buy things.
So for example, tax season is when people are getting their refunds and want to splurge a little. And at the holidays, people may be looking to buy cars, dirtbikes, boats, ATVs or other expensive items.
Either way, you could have a shot at making 10k in a day fast if you have something to sell.
How to make 10k in a month?
It’s possible to make 10k in 30 days by selling items, starting a business or side hustle or offering a service. If you’re interested in the fastest and easiest way to make 10k in a month, then selling something is usually the best option.
But that might only bring in $10,000 in a month once. If you want to know how to make 10k in a month consistently, you might consider starting a business or side hustle instead.
If you need some inspiration for ways to make money, here are 140+ legit side hustles you can start now.
How to make 10k in a week as a kid?
Figuring out how to make 10k in a week as a kid isn’t easy but it’s doable.
If you’re interested in ways kids can make money, check out this list of 70+ ways to make money as a teenager.
Final thoughts on how to make 10k in a week
Making $10000 in a week is a big goal to have. But it’s not out of reach if you have a strategy for making money.
The ways to make money I’ve shared here require different levels of investment when it comes to your time. And some require special skills as well.
If you can’t decide on just one way to make money, you might try a combination of these ideas.
Creating multiple streams of income can help you reach your goal of making 10k in a week faster.